Almax Immobiliser Series IV 19mm chain: Specifically designed for maximum security at home, where portability on a motorcycle is not paramount.
Not content with the standard industry case hardening, Almax have developed a unique process that reverses the undesired side effect of through hardening. Which allows us to retain much of the metals original ductility. This gives the Almax Series chains some unique advantages.
- Cannot be bolt cropped manually, guaranteed! (tested with Irwin Record 42” HU bolt croppers)
- Impervious to HSS hacksaw attack
- Incorporating our Flexible long link system that allows numerous Series III and Series IV chains to be joined together using just the one padlock
- Almax’s (Black) Electrophoretic plating outperforms standard Zinc plating 3-1 in salt bath corrosion testing
- The Electrophoretic process has the advantage over zinc plating as it does not cause hydrogen embrittlement, which zinc plated chains are extremely susceptible to
- Our chain is supplied with an extremely hard wearing Burgundy Cordura 1000 Denier fabric sleeve. Incorporating an internal durable backing that resists fraying and premature wear
- The Series IV weighs 6.31kgs (13.88bs) per meter
- Series IV has been designed for security whilst at home
- Therefore, usable lengths were not primarily designed for portability on a motorcycle or scooter
- Dimensions of 19mm chain link; Overall link Width 63mm - Length 135mm. Internal link Width 25mm - Length 100mm. (Approximate measurements, please allow for slight manufacturing tolerances)
- 1.0m (6.31kgs) length is designed for smaller applications, eg; securing gates or smaller motorcycle rear wheels to surface mounted ground anchors only